Remember when I said that God is shaking things up again? Well, bear with me while I describe my weekend.
Most importantly, my Dad endured his 2nd open-heart bypass surgery on Friday. It was nerve-racking and unexpected, but we were grateful to learn that his surgeon is listed #3 in the country. He has taken good care of Dad. Although Dad has plenty of pain from the surgery, he is progressing steadily and, if all goes well during the next couple days, he will be able to go home mid-week. *fingers crossed*
On a side note, we truly appreciate all the prayers and support from our friends and family. I don't know what we would do without all of you. Everyone came together so quickly and willingly to help and to pray. It's amazing what faith in God can do.
I took leave from work on Friday to be with my family during the surgery, and Hub took leave on Saturday to help me "house-sit" for my parents during the weekend. It was interesting to be farmers for a couple days.
- Hub mowed the lawn and drove a harrow over the field and the driveway to smooth the lumpy ground.
- We took care of three baby goats [that were born during the first days that Dad was in the hospital] and their mommas. Talk about drama. I will post pics of the babies as soon as I get them from my mom.
- After Hub moved the bunny's pen to greener ground, we watched him do laps as if he was having the best day of his life.
- We de-tangled the dog from the barbed wire fence. We don't know how long she had been tangled, but she had obviously been struggling to gain freedom. Luckily, the barbs did not scratch or penetrate her skin thanks to three layers of fur. We fed her some goats milk after we milked one of the mommas, and then she took a nap and felt much better.
- We made a trip (with Sis and Baby Nephew) to a friend's ranch nearby to get a few bails of hay for the cows and goats.
- We collected 20 eggs from the chicken hutch.
- I went to the local feed store to buy feed and grain and so forth. When I backed the truck to the loading dock and got out to hand the guy my receipt, he looked at me as though he was surprised to see a woman. I felt like a real country girl again. harhar
It was a long weekend but, other than the reason for being there, I was happy to see everyone and absolutely ecstatic to have Dad with us still. Farming was fun too. I'll be happy to see Dad up and back to himself soon and I look forward to a good summer. (It's baseball season, Daddy. We should watch some games together.)