(see photo) Tuesday's forecast is no better.
(2) ...you drink a full liter of water more than you normally drink in a day.
(3) ...the fat and sugar content of ice cream no longer matters.
(4) ...you begin researching rain dance rituals.
(5) ...your neighbors who continue to water their lawns regularly are now considered, in your opinion, wasteful and irresponsible.
(6) ...you say extra prayers for your dog (who lives outdoors) when you leave for work and you put ice cubes for her water in the evenings.
(7) ...you begin to wonder if swimming during daylight hours is a bad idea. A midnight swim might be fun, right?
(8) ...you randomly peek out the window at work to make sure your car has not melted into a big blob on the pavement.
(9) ...you actually consider frying an egg on the sidewalk, just to see if it works.
(10) ...a caller to the TV station where you work claims their home temperature gauge is reading 112° by 3PM.
(11) ...you suggest to your husband that mowing the lawn should no longer be a priority in case of heat stroke, to which he responds, "what lawn?"
(12) ...cooking over heat is not an option. salad, jello, cereal, and ice (or bread and water) seem like reasonable dinner options for the remainder of the summer.
Umm, it's HOT, people. If I melt or spontaneously combust soon, know that I appreciate you all. If I survive, it is purely by God's will. Amen.